Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Friday, September 19, 2014
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Even the iceless parking lot brought a prayer of joy! But as I entered the Church for morning Mass, a very different, distinct enveloping silent joy was present. Everyone was motionless and seemed to be absorbed in Christ's caressing love. The peaceful landscape of people before Our Lord revealed He had each person held intimately, knowingly or unknowingly, by Himself. It gave me a peaceful joy and desire to be part of the community that is not given by any of natures pristine gifts to the senses. This delight proceeds from the soul, not the senses. What joy! For the inner room of the Church this morning revealed that God does not leave anyone who seeks Him untouched by His blanket of grace.
Today is the feast of the Chair of Saint Peter. The position which Jesus, under the Father's direction, set up to be a sign and unifying character of His True Church. In His wisdom He knew we would need a guide and protector of the precious gifts that lay tangible only through His Church. There are many Christians that live wonderful lives! striving to do right; but the Catholic Church presents, through Christ what no other church can. She gives the means for God to Color our Souls, refreshing our bodies and minds from within. No where else on earth is this found. Hence, the reason we each need the Church.
Remember every time we visit the Sacraments of the Church, Christ brings springtime to our cold souls. He melts away the ice that hardens our hearts, He gives fresh air to the busy mind, and this meeting between our souls and His creates a palette for God to color our lives from within. This inner meeting fashions the soul so it may live fully here, then forever.
We are blessed. The Catholic Church is the only means on earth for the souls of human beings to be free from their "winter." Only She preserves the means for our souls to be blanketed in grace and brushed by the Painter with the Color of True Life. May more Christians discover where their souls are fed, and may we live the Sacraments with gratitude and fruitfulness.
Praise God, His mercy endures forever.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Please make this a devotion of yours. It has made a big difference in my life and will yours.
1. Go to Confession—eight (8) days before or after First Saturday with the intention in your heart of making reparation and consoling Our Blessed Mother.
(When Lucia asked Jesus if it might be valid to go to Confession within 8 days, He told her yes, and that it could be even longer still as long as they are in the state of grace when they receive Him and have the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. So, if you cannot confess on the First Saturday itself, do so when you can. Heaven is looking for dispositions of mind and heart and at least monthly Confession.)
2. Receive Holy Communion on First Saturday in a spirit of reparation—a spiritual communion will not suffice.
3. Pray five decades of the Holy Rosary with the intention of making reparation for offenses made against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
4. Keep Mary company by meditating for fifteen minutes on the mysteries of the Rosary. This meditation entails thinking or reading meditatively (frequently pausing to reflect on the material read), in order to dwell on one or more of the mysteries in Our Lady’s life. The fifteen-minute meditation and the praying of the Holy Rosary are to be performed separately.
First Saturday Promises
God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace.
I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who practice the First Saturday devotion for five consecutive months.
Why five consecutive First Saturdays of reparation?
The five consecutive First Saturdays of reparation were requested by Our Lady of Fatima to atone for the five ways in which people offend her Immaculate Heart:
1. Attacks upon Mary’s Immaculate Conception;
2. Attacks against her Perpetual Virginity;
3. Attacks upon her Divine Maternity and the refusal to accept her as the Mother of all mankind.
4. For those who try to publicly implant in children’s hearts indifference, contempt and even hatred of this Immaculate Mother;
5. For those who insult her directly in her sacred images.
(The First Saturday devotion was revealed to Sister Lucia while she was in prayer in the convent chapel at Pontevedra, Spain. Appearing with the Queen of Heaven in that apparition was the Infant Jesus, Who said to Lucia: “Have pity on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother. It is covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation.” Our Lady then spoke: “See, my daughter, my Heart encircled by thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude.” ) Obtain more information from: World Apostolate of Fatima, www.wafusa.org